- About Us
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Things To Do
- Ways To Give
General Information & Pricing
Don’t just make plans – make history!
The Detroit Historical Museum is located in Detroit’s Midtown Cultural Center and is home to the Streets of Old Detroit, America’s Motor City and many other exhibits sure to entertain and inspire your party guests.
With several private spaces and the option to setup throughout the entire museum, the Detroit Historical Museum is an outstanding location for parties of up to 1,000 guests!
We've installed new galleries, enhanced our signature exhibits, and upgraded the museum’s private-event spaces. Host an event in any of our new spaces!
Please call us at 313.833.1733 to schedule a free consultation with our events planning experts or view our rental information pages for more details.
Take a virtual tour of our galleries with Google Maps.
Pricing and Capacity
- The prices below include the following accommodations and services. For more detailed information please download our Detroit Historical Museum rental packet.
- All rentals include four hours of event time with an hour and thirty minutes to decorate beforehand and one hour afterwards for cleanup.
- Consultations with our professional event operations staff
- Free afterhours parking for up to 60 vehicles, as available. Parking during museum hours is $7 as available.
- Usage of the museum’s tables and chairs. Linens can be rented through your caterer or our preferred linen vendor. Please see our rental packet for full vendor information.
- General admission is included for all rentals that take place during museum hours. For rentals that take place after museum business hours, access to the museum and its exhibits is included with the rental of the entire museum, Streets of Old Detroit, Allesee Gallery of Culture, and America’s Motor City. Smaller rentals may add entire museum access for an additional $300.
- Although we do not have a liquor license, you may serve adult beverages at your event. Nonprofits may apply for a special one day liquor license through the State of Michigan Liquor Control Commission. Corporate and private events may serve adult beverages as long as there is no cost for the food, beverage, or to attend the event. Your caterer must be hired to serve adult beverages at your event.
Capacity: 1,000 strolling
America’s Motor City
Capacity: 150 strolling or 80-100 seated
Gallery of Culture
Capacity: 150 strolling or 60-80 seated
Streets of Old Detroit
Capacity: 250 strolling or 75-125 seated
Detroit Legends Plaza (outdoors)
Capacity: 200 strolling or 100 seated
Capacity: 100 seated
Price: $700 after hours, $500 during museum hours
Grand Trunk Passenger Station
Capacity: 80 seated
Price: $600 after hours, $500 during museum hours
Louise Booth Auditorium
Capacity: 139 seated
DeRoy Conference Center
Capacity: 12 seated
Note: Capacity is subject to change with other spatial needs, such as buffet, dancing, gift table, etc.
A $150 maintenance fee will be added to the final cost for all events.
- Coat Check: $25 per hour, per attendant
- Gift Shop Attendant: $25 per hour, per attendant
- Additional Rental Time: $150 per additional hour (you may add up to 2 additional hours)
- Entire Museum Access Package: $300 (may be added to smaller events that do not include entire museum access)
- Security: $45 per hour, per person (security may be required for events with 300 guests or over)
- A.V. Attendant: $25 per hour, per attendant
- Basic A.V. (microphone, podium and speakers): $100 flat fee, up to 4 hours of use
- Advanced A.V. (mic, podium, speakers, projector, screen, laptop): $150 flat fee, up to 4 hours of use
- Linens and additional rental equipment can be secured by our staff. We charge a 20% gratuity in addition to the total rental price of all items procured.
Please note that all prices are subject to change and may vary with your unique needs. Please call 313.833.1733 to schedule a free consultation with our events planner.
CLICK HERE for more information.