- About Us
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Things To Do
- Ways To Give
General Information & Pricing
Don’t just make plans – make history!
The Dossin Great Lakes Museum, a maritime heritage museum, stands on the shores of Detroit’s historic Belle Isle, one of America’s grandest city parks. Here, you’ll explore rare artifacts exhibiting 300 years of Great Lakes history.
Party guests will take in a panoramic view of the Detroit River and Canada and step back in time through the Gothic Room – originally a luxurious lounge on the City of Detroit III Great Lakes steamer.
With indoor and outdoor space available, your options are limitless! The Dossin Great Lakes Museum is truly a unique venue sure to make your event special.
Please call us at 313.833.1733 to schedule a free consultation with our events planning experts or follow the links for more options.
Pricing and Capacity
The prices below include the following accommodations and services. For more detailed information please download our Dossin Great Lakes Museum rental packet.
- All rentals include four hours of event time with an hour and thirty minutes to decorate beforehand and one hour afterwards for cleanup.
- Consultations with our professional event operations staff
- Usage of the museum’s tables and chairs. Linens can be rented through your caterer or our preferred linen vendor. Please see our rental packet for full vendor information.
- General admission is included for all rentals that take place during museum hours. For rentals that take place after museum business hours, access to the museum and its exhibits is included with the rental of the entire museum or DeRoy Hall. Entire museum access may be added to the rental of the Gothic Room for an additional $150.
- Although we do not have a liquor license, you may serve adult beverages at your event. Nonprofits may apply for a special one day liquor license through the State of Michigan Liquor Control Commission. Corporate and private events may serve adult beverages as long as there is no cost for the food, beverage, or to attend the event. Your caterer must be hired to serve adult beverages at your event.
*Includes the Gothic Room, DeRoy Hall and main exhibition gallery.
Capacity: 400 strolling or 125 seated
Capacity: 75-125 seated
Price: $700 after hours, $500 during museum hours
The Gothic Room
Capacity: 40 seated
Note: capacity is subject to change with other spatial needs, such as buffet, dancing, gift table, etc.
A $150 maintenance fee will be added to the final cost of all events.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL VISITORS OR EVENT GUESTS AT THE DOSSIN GREAT LAKES MUSEUM:
The Dossin Great Lakes Museum is located on Belle Isle State Park. Every vehicle entering Belle Isle State Park must have the Recreation Passport. If any guests attending an event at the Dossin Great Lakes Museum do not have a Passport, they can be purchased on the island. More information on the Recreation Passport can be found at www.michigan.gov/recreationpassport
Pricing for the Recreation Passport is as follows:
- Michigan registered vehicles - $11 annual pass
- Out of state vehicles - $9 day pass or $31 for an annual pass
- Commercial vehicle pass - $16 annual pass
- Coat Check: $25 per hour, per attendant
- Gift Shop Attendant: $25 per hour, per attendant
- Additional Rental Time: $150 per additional hour (you may add up to 2 additional hours)
- Entire Museum Access Package: $150 (may be added to the Gothic Room)
- Security: $45 per hour, per person (security may be required for events with 300 guests or over)
- A.V. Attendant: $25 per hour, per attendant
- Basic A.V. (microphone, podium and speakers): $100 flat fee, up to 4 hours of use
- Advanced A.V. (mic, podium, speakers, projector, screen and laptop): $200 flat fee, up to 4 hours of use
- Linens and additional rental equipment can be secured by our staff. We charge a 20% gratuity in addition to the total rental price of al items procured.
Please note that all prices are subject to change and may vary with your unique needs.
CLICK HERE for more information.