- About Us
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Things To Do
- Ways To Give
The following guidelines apply to all organizations and individuals interested in filming, videotaping or taking professional photographs at the museums operated by the Detroit Historical Society. Generally, scheduling of such projects is preferred during hours when the museums are not open to the public, however, exceptions can be made depending on the scope of the shoot and areas of the museums being utilized.
- A Society staff member must be present during all filming, videotaping and photography sessions. This staff member may terminate production in the event that the producer fails to comply with these guidelines.
- The Museum parking lot or public entrances may be used to load and unload equipment.
- Food, beverage equipment and tables must be set up in areas that will not interfere with the experience of Detroit Historical Museum or Dossin Great Lakes Museum visitors (when a shoot is taking place during open hours of operation).
The production company must provide proof of insurance and is responsible for all damages related to production work.
The production company will cover all direct and indirect costs to the Detroit Historical Society associated with the project, in addition to the location fee, which will be agreed to by both parties prior to production.
- All onscreen and photo credits must be attributed to the Detroit Historical Society.
- A complimentary copy of the finished product must be given to the Detroit Historical Society prior to the release of the product or production.
For inquiries, please contact Bob Sadler at the Society's Public Relations staff at (313) 833-7937.
The Public Relations Department will review all requests and notify the organization of an acceptance or denial of the project. Please allow up to two weeks for review of all requests. Additional time may be required for script reviews. The Detroit Historical Society reserves the right to decline requests to use its facilities.
The Public Relations Department will serve as the liaison for all filming, videotaping, and photography conducted at the Detroit Historical Museum or Dossin Great Lakes Museum.
In advance of the work, both parties must agree to a written contract or agreement relating to filming, videotaping, or photography.